St. Louis Regional Public Media, Inc. (Nine PBS)
Nine PBS recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected from its members, donors, viewers, and visitors to the Nine PBS’s Website. Here we explain how the Nine PBS collects information on-line and by other methods, what we do with that information, and what controls you have. We’re committed to ensuring the privacy of your personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information), protecting the security of making financial transactions and preserving the integrity of the medium.
Nine PBS will not sell, trade, or share personal information about our financial donors with anyone else, nor will we send mailings to our financial donors on behalf of other organizations, unless a donor has given us specific permission to do so
Gathering and Use of Information
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. We may collect certain non-personal information to optimize our Web pages for your computer (i.e., the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider). We may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of our website.
- In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- contest or sweepstakes registration
- subscription registration for websites
- services which require subscription (such as e-mail or postal newsletters)
- Nine PBS membership submission
- pledging financial support
- content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions or voting
You should recognize that if you choose not to voluntarily submit requested information, you may not be eligible for those activities for which personally identifiable information is needed.
- In the event Nine PBS wants to collect information for purposes other than those set forth in this policy, Nine PBS will notify you when we are collecting personally identifiable information about you how we intend to use it, and offer you the option to not participate.
- Nine PBS's Website is a general audience website and does not knowingly market to, accept postings from or collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 years old. However, Nine PBS believes that it is important to assist parents in supervising their children’s on-line activities and, therefore, recommends that parents consider using parental control tools available from on-line services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address and other personally identifiable information on-line without parental permission.
- Nine PBS maintains a membership database with the e-mail address, name and postal address, telephone number and other personally identifiable information of persons who have provided such information to Nine PBS by mail, telephone or e-mailing us with questions about membership, submitting an on-line membership contribution (making an on-line pledge) or sending us an e-mail about our programs or services. By supplying Nine PBS with an e-mail address, telephone number or postal address you may receive future communications from Nine PBS via e-mail, telephone or mail. Every email sent by Nine PBS has an unsubscribe link and you can also opt-out of future emails by contacting email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information being collected, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chat Rooms and Bulletin Boards
Please remember that any information posted on bulletin boards and/or communicated in chat areas becomes public information. You should use caution when sharing information, as any of it can be collected and used by people you may not know and may result in your receiving unsolicited e-mails. Users under the age of 18 should be particularly careful not to divulge any personal information. While Nine PBS strives to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in a chat room or bulletin board and you do so at your own risk.
Secure Credit Card Transactions
The Nine PBS offers you the convenience of making on-line membership contributions and donations via credit card. Nine PBS takes seriously the need for credit card account information security. On Nine PBS’s Website all financial transaction forms are stored and served from a secure server. This means that each page you view on the Nine PBS’s Website and any financial information you submit is encrypted on its way between computers (yours and ours). Even in the highly unlikely event that your transmission is intercepted, the data will not be usable. Your peace of mind and the safeguarding of your credit card information are of the utmost importance to us. Your credit card information is used by the Nine PBS only for your intended purpose — that is, for the purchase or contribution you wish to make.
Items purchased on this website will be shipped in 4 to 6 weeks. Thank you gifts received for donations will be shipped in 4 to 6 weeks or, if we are currently in a membership drive, they will be shipped in 4 to 6 weeks after the membership drive ends. Tickets are sent two weeks prior to the scheduled event.
For more information on shipping, contact Member Services at (314) 512-9199 or email email@example.com.
You may return items purchased on this website or received as a thank you gift for a donation under certain conditions. The item must be returned in good condition, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all paperwork, parts and accessories to ensure full credit. Tickets are non-refundable after the event occurs. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 30 days of our receiving your returned product.
For more information on returns, contact Member Services at (314) 512-9199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.