Educator Book Suggestions
Check out these helpful resources at your local library or bookseller.
If you want to learn more about comic books.
- Getting Graphic! Using Graphic Novels to Promote Literacy with Preteens and Teens by Michele Gorman
- Understanding Comics: The Invisible Art by Scott McCloud
If you want to learn more about play.
- Purposeful Play: A Teacher's Guide to Igniting Deep and Joyful Learning Across the Day by Kristine Mraz
- Risk. Fail. Rise. by M. Colleen Cruz
If you want to learn more about best practice surrounding writing.
- The Unstoppable Writing Teacher by M. Colleen Cruz
- The Writing Thief: using Mento Text to Teach the Craft of Writing by Ruth Culham
If you want to learn more about culturally responsive teaching and learning.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain by Zaretta Hammond
- We Got This by Cornelius Minor
- Cultivating Genius: An Equity Framework for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy by Gholdy Muhammad
- Reading for their Life by Alfred W. Tatum